Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Grand Master Suite

So, it's been a gazillion years since I posted anything and I figured I give those reading my blog an update on our progress with the house.  We've slowly been painting and furnishing our casa and it is coming along quite nicely.  Here are some pics of our bedroom...
As you can see, Lulu is nice and cozy sleeping on my soft blue throw that I got from tar-jay.  The paisley pillows at the top of the bed, oh yeah, I made them.  Eat your heart out Martha Stewart (j/k that woman comes up with the most amazing crafty stuff).  The artwork above our bed is from Ikea (yes, possibly my most favorite store that ever existed).
Here is a slightly different angle of our room.  You can see the curtains we got from tar-jay (on clearance!) in our awesome bay window.  As you can tell, there is a blue and brown theme in our room.  I like it.  Chris likes it because I like it. :)  I think that's a good reason.
This is the "on-suite" bath...oh so fancy...You can see that we carried the light blue color into the bathroom as well.  Some people don't like those spaces to match, but I say...It's my bathroom and I like it that way. :)  No really, it just made sense.  There is no door to divide the room and bath area (I tried to talk Chris into a decorative curtain for a soft transition and he wasn't going for it) so using the same color scheme throughout makes those spaces seem more cohesive.  We're still not really done in here.  I still want to get a curtain or some type of light shade to go in the windows so I don't feel like I'm putting on a free show for my neighbors everyday.  I'm still working on finding the right one.

I had to take a picture of this cabinet.  This was my Valentine's Day gift from Chris this year.  I love it!  It's functional and pretty.  You can't really tell from this pic, but the glass in the doors has a nice design to it.
Last, but not least, for the master bed/bath area...A picture of my"furry baby." Doesn't she look so content with her little paws tucked under her?  She definitely likes that spot on the bed :)

Well, that's pretty much it for the master bed/bath.  I'll be taking some more pics of the different rooms as we make more progress...More to come!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I can def tell Lulu loves this space! I think Knova spends more time on our bed than we do, too! :) I love your spaces as well. :)

    ReplyDelete